Monday, January 14, 2008

Family Tree online!


I’ve been able post the Jeffrey Family Tree on a free website. The website is http://jimjeffrey.tribalpages.com. Feel free to check it out. I’ve only posted the Jeffrey side of my family tree, because that is where my efforts have been recently. My mother’s side, the Bolenders (her adoptive parents), and the Lanes has not been uploaded to the website. That will come later.
It’s been pretty amazing how much information has been uncovered. The earliest events are the births of a couple of ancestors in 1625! The latest event is the death of my uncle, William Keith Jeffrey in May 2007. I’m still in the process of adding photos to this website. The Jeffrey ancestors in the tree have come from Scotland, England, Ireland, and Norway. I have not done all the work. My family has contributed much of it (especially my mom, Nancy, and sister, Janet). I have also had the fortune of connecting with others who have done much research on different branches of the tree. I’ve been in touch with a handful of other Jeffrey, MacFadden, McLean, and Shipman researchers that have graciously shared their information with me.
I’d love to hear any comments, corrections, or suggestions you might have. It’s been a very fascinating and rich time for me!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Dad, that is really really cool! Its beautiful to see it all come together in the "tree" diagram. Good work! P.S. My birthday infor is incorrect...you put March 23rd. oops

jimjeffrey said...

You're right, Kate.
I'll change the date.

Janet said...

sorry Jim
how do I view it??
I clicked the website but didn't find it
techno challened!!
janet

jimjeffrey said...

At the home page of Tribal Pages, on the upper right, it says, "visit a site". "jimjeffrey" should be in the box. Click on go, and it will take you to the page. When you get to the page, at the top, it will say Please enter visitor password. Click on this and you will enter the site.
Let me know if you still have problems.
Jim

Musings of a Mom said...

Hey Jim, Beautiful work you are doing. Just wanted to let you know (regarding the family tree)that my dad's birthday was actually Oct. 27, 1931.
Thanks, Jessica