Sunday, September 2, 2007

Where I've come from


For my first post on my blog, I'd like to share one of my pastimes that I've been working on in recent weeks - genealogy. I was first drawn to researching my "roots" when my sister, Janet, and I decided to investigate what our mother's roots were. My Mom, Nancy Jeffrey, was raised in a loving Christian foster home, and adopted as an adult. She never knew who her parents were, and where they came from. After getting "lucky" in our research, my sister and I came across the identity of my mom's natural parents, and their nationality. My mom's natural father was 1/2 Cherokee Indian, and her natural mother's family was from England. This genealogy was interesting and surprisingly fun. So over the years, I have built a "tree" of my ancestors, and my wife, Donna's ancestors. I've also accumulated old photographs of these ancestors. I have a goal of producing a book of photos and short bios of these ancestors within the next year. I'll share a little about these ancestors on my blog in the coming weeks. I don't know how systematic these posts will be, but I"ll try my best.

1 comment:

donnasue said...

Well, aren't you full of surprises!Good Job. This is wonderful and such a great goal. I love you, donna